Welcome to the Free Radical and Radiation Biology Program at The University of Iowa
Our program is unique as we are the only free radical and radiation biology PhD granting graduate program in the world. The Free Radical and Radiation Biology Program (FRRBP) is a graduate program at The University of Iowa and is a division of the Department of Radiation Oncology. It is the only PhD granting program in a clinical department at the University of Iowa. Our program is the nucleus of the Free Radical Cancer Biology Program in the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center at The University of Iowa. Our faculty members are a diverse group of basic scientists, clinician/physician scientists, and science educators focused on the rapidly emerging fields of free radical biology, redox biology, and cancer biology.
Our major areas of research are:
- Fundamental free radical, oxidant and antioxidant chemistry and biology;
- Basics of redox biology;
- The biology of cancer including the biological mechanisms of anticancer therapy, as well as the mechanisms of normal tissue mage during cancer therapy
- The redox and free radical biology of disease –for example, diabetes, neurodegenerative disease, inflammation and cardiovascular disorders just to name a few.
Why you should apply to join our program
- Our faculty are known and respected worldwide for their teaching and research
- We have 6 primary and 21 secondary and adjunct faculty members from all over the world
- We offer stipends that are above the NIH guidelines.
- We are at forefront of redox biology, free radical biology, and cancer research.
- The faculty/student ratio is 1:15.
- The average time to earn your Ph.D. is only 4.8 years.
- We have an overall 97% graduation rate and 85% of our graduates go on to successful careers in redox biology, free radical biology, radiation biology, and other science-related fields of their choosing.
- Our students highly recommend, our program.
- We PAY YOUR TUITION!
If you have any questions or would like more information about our program, please contact us toll-free at (866) 448-4610 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!